Promoting and marketing affiliate products has become quite popular with individuals looking to earn money from home. Some of these individuals are working full time as an affiliate while others are just looking for a way to supplement their income and earn a few extra dollars.
Before you decide to enter this arena, it is important that you know where to find affiliate products to sell online and which ones to market. There are hundreds if not thousands of networks you can find online that will allow you to join their affiliate programs.
In this article, I will show you a few of the more popular affiliate programs, look at the pros and cons of each, and offer a suggestion to one that I am familiar with and one that I would highly recommend.
Find Affiliate Products To Sell Online … A Few Of The Big Boys
When you think about products to sell online as an affiliate, there are a few that stand out from the rest. They have been around for some time and are very popular with individuals worldwide. They are: Clickbank, Amazon, and ShareASale to name a few.
This particular network is one of the world’s largest and specify in digital products that are made available to affiliates. Clickbank offers products to promote in just about any niche you think of, and is extremely popular with online affiliates.
I have written a separate article explaining and describing in specific detail the workings of Clickbank and what they have to offer. Simply click here to view that article which provides greater detail.
- The number of products available to affiliates
- The high commission percentages paid to affiliates
- The easy sign up process and the free membership
- Payment schedules are available and delivered on time
- No worries with shipping, refunds, etc.
- Refunds are readily accessible with the Clickbank platform
- Competition for some products (selling) can be an issue for new affiliates
- Customer service can be slow to respond to questions
Amazon is another giant as a source of affiliate products that can be used to sell online. It is the largest online retailer worldwide, which offers affiliates (associates) products to sell in the market of books, music, electronics, men and women clothing, shoes, pet needs, recreational needs and so much more.
If you are considering joining this network as an affiliate, just click here to get started. Millions of products have been sold from this site so you should feel confident in making sales as an affiliate.
- People recognize and trust the Amazon brand
- New products being introduced almost daily
- As an Amazon associate, as long as a customer uses your affiliate link, you will get credit for a sale (24 hours ) even if they purchase a different product than the one you are promoting
- The Commission structure, depending on the product you choose, can be on the lower end
- Very strict guidelines that you must follow (Failure to do so can get your affiliate account shut down)
- Competition for best selling products is heavy
ShareASale is another huge affiliate marketing network that supplies affiliates with a vast amount of products to promote and market. The merchant(s) belonging to this network offer the opportunity for affiliates to market their products in hopes of producing more sales.
The affiliate, after making a sale, will receive a commission from the merchant for their work. Like Clickbank and Amazon, there are thousands of products and services available to promote and market.
- Over 3,800 merchants who have products that you can market as an affiliate
- Easy registration and timely approval
- Commissions are distributed the 20th of each month (Easy to find details regarding your affiliate campaign)
- Affiliate tools such as links, banners are easy to access
- Excellent support
- The website itself can be a bit confusing, especially for new affiliates
- Updates from merchant on product you are marketing may not be communicated to you)
As you can see, each one of these platforms provides a source to find affiliate products to sell online. It is essential that you decide on which type of product within your niche and choose a network that provides a product that interests you.
In addition, you will have to consider which type of product you choose to sell online. For example, Clickbank is known for its digital products where Amazon is popular with physical products.
From experience, I have found that finding a product to make some sales online is just half the battle. To be successful online, you must have a source available to you that will allow you to promote your product.
To be honest, it took some time and a good bit of money for me to understand this concept. I would jump on Clickbank or Amazon, find an online product to sell with no way of getting customers to this product.
That all changed for me when I came across a program called Wealthy Affiliate. What is Wealthy Affiliate? In a nutshell, its an online community with over a 100,000 members that offers affiliate training and so much more. Here are just some of the things Wealthy Affiliate offers:
A free membership that includes:
- Two Free Websites That Are Generated For You
- Access to 500 Training Modules
- Live Support
- Free Keyword Searches
You should know that there is a paid membership as well but that is entirely up to you. The paid membership (Premium) does offer added training, websites, personal messaging just to name a few of the benefits.
Not only that, but this program also enables you to promote this platform as an affiliate. You will receive affiliate links and banners that you can use along with the website you now have to promote Wealthy Affiliate.
It gets better! As an affiliate, look at the commission structure for both types of memberships:
I will tell you that I am currently an affiliate for both Clickbank and Amazon and have been for some time. Finding a product to sell online has never been an issue for me as I use both networks to do so. I have just found that Wealthy Affiliate offers an unique product that is so easy to market.
In comparing Wealthy Affiliate to Clickbank I have left you a comparison chart below for comparison. Both offer platforms that are legitimate and ones that affiliates have achieved great financial success. Here’s a look:
So there you have it. I have given you four different platforms in which to find products online to sell. Each is unique in their own way in what they have to offer.
For those looking at Wealthy Affiliate as a product to market, you can do so by clicking on the ad below. It’s free to look around and I know you will be impressed with what you find!