Before you start thinking, yea right, and click off this page stay with me just a bit longer. You have every right to think that nothing is free and that this is just another scam that offers zero benefits to you.
I actually wanted a website of my own to start an online business but didn’t have the foggiest idea on how to build one. I kept researching various ways on how to build your own website for free and found it!
Before I tell you about this site, ask yourself a few questions: 1.) Do I possess the technology skills needed to do this? 2.) Do I have a training or support system in place to help me with this? If you answered ‘no’ to each question, keep reading.
Build My Own Website? … You Must Be Kidding!
If you are like me, the attempt at building a website on my own was something that I wouldn’t even consider. I looked at those people who were able to accomplish this task as computer ‘nerds’ or having a skill set that I just didn’t have. Way over my head!
Here are a list of items that stopped me dead in my tracks when it came to building a website on my own. See if they are the same or close to your main concerns. See what you think:
- Technology – My computer skills are minimal, I can send and answer emails, search the web, do some shopping, but that’s about it. Building a website? No way.
- Training – Any training you find to help you build your own website for free uses vocabulary and concepts that you have never heard of before. Examples: (SEO, Domain, Widgets, Themes, Hosting) Huh?
- Money – That’s right, by the time you get everything you need to build your website, it will take a number of credit card transactions. You need this, you need that, etc. Adds up very quickly.
Okay, now that we have mentioned and discussed the issues of creating a website, what do we do next? You don’t have the technology skills needed to build your own website for free, you can’t get anyone to help you, and you don’t have the money to pay some fancy outfit to build you one. I have got you covered!
Let’s Talk Solutions
When I first started out to find a site that would help me build a website I found that most of these sites still required some skills on my part to get this done. At the time, I had very little knowledge and just gave up.
After some time had passed, I decided to give it another try and began some further research with the hopes of creating my very own business website. I came across a program known as Wealthy Affiliate that had excellent reviews and decided to give it a try.
After signing up for the Free Membership, I dove right in and found that my three biggest concerns (Technology, Training, Money ) were no longer an issue and here’s why:
- Technology – You don’t have to know a thing regarding technology, as Wealthy Affiliate builds your website for you. This is all done ‘behind the scenes’ in a matter of seconds. No experience or special skills needed on your part.
- Training – Now that you have your website up and running, what is your next step? You will be guided with training that is second to none where you can get the most out of your new website. The support system offered in this platform will give you answers to any question you may have immediately.
- Money – Keep your credit card in your pocket. You won’t need it! As I mentioned earlier, Wealthy Affiliate offers a Free Membership where you can build your own website for free. ( Actually, they do it for you! ) There is a paid membership available for those looking to upgrade. Totally your choice.
Whether you are looking to build your own website to start an online business, or a personal blog, the Wealthy Affiliate platform will meet your needs without the stress involved in attempting this on your own.
Benefits Of Owning Your Own Website
There are a number of benefits of having your own website which I will discuss which you should take notice of. For me, I didn’t really realize these benefits until I had my own website created and soon became aware of these benefits. Here is a list of a few of them below:
- Freedom – As a website owner, you now have complete control of what content you choose to create. The information you provide to your readers is completely up to you, free of anyone telling you what you should write.
- Integrity – As long as you are providing your readers with quality, helpful information you will gradually be seen as someone who is trustworthy and credible. As a result, you will be seen as an ‘authority’ which will only increase the size of readers coming to your website.
- Communication/Dialogue – Once your website has been established (short time) and your readers increase in volume, you will have now have the opportunity to communicate and begin a dialogue with your readers. Sharing ideas and providing feedback with your readers has a real, definite personal feel to it.
- Updates – Owning your website gives you the opportunity to consistently update, add, or delete content on your site. It is important to keep your readers engaged with new information, current trends or other details that are relevant to your content.
- Sense of Accomplishment – We all enjoy the feeling of accomplishing something that we have direct ownership in. This holds true for owning your website and will give you great satisfaction in knowing that you are providing a great service to your readers.
As you can see, there are many benefits associated with a personal website. The difficult part for is to determine how to build your own website for free and I hope that question has been answered as well.
You should no longer be intimidated with the idea of building your own website for free as I described how this is very possible without possessing special skills, knowledge or money.